Thursday, July 8, 2010

I gots me a blogspot...

So, in an effort to keep up with the times, and in an effort to keep everyone informed with my life/daily/semi-daily/various thoughts and projects, I created a blog. Maybe people will even read it. And so for my post today, I present to you two sports issues: LeBron James and a post about baseball...

Part I: LeBron James.

Now, I know that LeBron is great, he might even be one of the best (although he's not retired yet so we really don't know just how good he is), a lot of things are being said about his free agency and I want to clear a few of them up for everyone.

Number 1: Should he stay in Cleveland? Yes. Why? Because, while basically every team wants him on their team, I can't say every player on every team would want him. At least where he is now, he can do what he wants in the market he's played in for so long. Cleveland, while they haven't won a title yet with him, continues to win, and that's pretty important. I mean, you can't win a title if you don't win.

Number 2: Should he have his own special? Yes. And why is everyone so bent out of shape about that? He's one of the best players out right now. Hell, if I were that good I would have my own special and it would just be me eating at a grand slam at Denny's. And speaking of grand slams...

Part II: The State Of Baseball

Okay, right now here is the current playoff picture (yes I know it's before the All-Star break, so what):

AL: Yankees (East), Tigers (Central), Rangers (West), Rays (Wild Card).
NL: Braves (East), Reds (Central), Padres (West), Mets (Wild Card).

--My Predictions (made at the start of the season--
AL: Rays (East), White Sox (Central), Rangers (West), Angels (Wild Card)
NL: Marlins (East), Cardinals (Central), Rockies (West), Dodgers (Wild Card)

Okay, my first problem with the season so far is that ....the Padres are in first place in the West? What the f**k?! The Padres are probably one of the most questionable teams in the NL, and now they're in first place in the division. Yay! That means the whole NL is going to be a bloodbath the second half of the season [because I don't think the Reds will win the Central, and I sure don't think the Padres will win the West that easily]. The second is, everyone is jumping on the Yankee bandwagon again. But let's not forget, the Rays lost like 11 games in a row, and they're still only 2 back. Also, the Red Sox and Yankees have to play each other again (and speaking of the Red Sox, how in the world do they think they're gonna win games with half the roster on the DL?), so it's still up for grabs. Here are my following statements about the rest of the season:

#1: Joey Votto should be an All-Star. So should Kevin Youkilis (although he may now be injured too). And speaking of that, so should Dan Uggla.
#2: The Pirates are terrible.
#3: So are the Cubs.
#4: Everyone should be stunned that Kansas City has an elimination number that is greater than 65.
#5: The AL Central will be the best race of the year.
#6: Does anyone else want to win the AL West? It's almost always one team running away from everyone else.
#7: Best team everyone should be talking about: the Padres. Best team no one is talking about: the White Sox.

I think that's it. So don't forget to watch LeBron's special tonight at 9 PM, and the All-Star show before that (I think it's at 6 PM).

No comments:

Post a Comment